Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Days When I Don’t Feel Inspired

As much as I find myself bursting with energy and ideas more often the more I direct my energy towards playing my own game, there are days when my mood matches today’s weather, which is grey, dreary and downright depressing. On these days I don’t want to deal with the world, let alone work on anything that is supposed to make me excited.

During the dark times all my efforts seem futile and whatever anyone says, it doesn’t help. I want to hide what I’m feeling from the world and yet I know better than to fight it. “Solutions” only make me feel worse because they make me feel that I’m supposed to feel better when I’m not.

So how does one move forward on the dark days? I often find that the darkness is my friend. It shows me the parts of myself that I need to look at in order to heal. Discomfort is often just something trying to break loose and free itself, leaving space for new light to come in. The process of transformation never ends. When we have dealt with one thing, the light flows a bit more freely until it is time to deal with another spot of darkness.


On others’ recommendation I embrace the process. Having a down day doesn’t make me a bad person. I’m strong enough, so I sit with it. As far as working on any projects goes, I do what I can and the rest normally takes care of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment